About Our Trailside Bean & Cheese Burrito
- 1 Serving Backpacking Meal
- Dietary Considerations: vegetarian; gluten conscious; TVP protein enriched
- all-natural dehydrated and freeze-dried ingredients
- 410 calories
- 23 g protein
- Meal Net Weight: 3.5 oz | 102 g
- Meal Includes: chorizo seasoned soy protein-enriched refried pinto bean mix; Cholula hot sauce
- Required: boiling water
- Recommended: long-handled spoon; 2-3 tortillas; Cook-in-Cozy™
- Insider Tip: Cool water works well for this meal, however, your beans may require an extra splash of water to be the right consistency. When using cool water, steep-cook for 15 minutes and add water, if needed.
Cholula Hot Sauce and natural desiccant.
1/2 cup (4 oz / 118 ml) of boiling water to the pouch and stir.
air from pouch and seal.
for 10 minutes.
Cook-in-Cozy™ recommended but not required.
your burrito filling into BYO-tortillas and spice it up with a splash of Cholula Hot Sauce!
your Trailside Bean & Cheese Burrito!
Ingredients & Nutrition
Seasoned Refried Pinto Bean (pinto beans, textured vegetable protein [(soy flour, caramel color) soybean oil, water, salt, sugar, hydrolyzed soy protein, natural flavors, corn syrup, maple syrup], canola oil, chili, salt, spices, garlic, onion, citric acid), Monterey Jack Cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), Green Bell Pepper, Diced Sweet Onion, Diced Red Tomatoes (tomatoes, citric acid, calcium chloride), Red Pepper Spice (salt, spices, garlic, silicon dioxide), Cilantro
CONDIMENTS NOT REFLECTED IN NUTRITION:
Hot Sauce Packet
CONTAINS: Milk, Soy
PROCESSED IN A FACILITY THAT HANDLES WHEAT, EGG, MILK, SOYBEAN, PEANUT AND TREE NUT PRODUCTS.
frequently asked questions
We recommend that all of our hot meals spend time "steep-cooking™" while snuggled in a Cook-in-Cozy™. We find this method promotes a more consistent temperature and steady cook time for Cook-in-Bag™ preparation; and results in a better serving temperature for your meal. When not in use, our Cook-in-Cozy™ folds away nicely in your pack for storage and weighs in at only 1.4oz.
Yum! Three of us ladies did the Resurrection Trail (AK) last month. I had both black and pinto beans and loved them both, as did my friends who talked me into a taste. They were simple to prepare and delicious to eat. I opted to just eat with a spoon as I'm low-carbing and off wheat. (made some carb exception for the nutritional value of the beans) Hoping that I have one left to take backpacking or x-country skiing this winter. I'm very happy with all the Packit products I took on this trip and will definately be a return customer. Oh yes, when I initially ordered I ordered extra to sample before our trip.
just add water
boiling water recommended
Bring Your Own