Effective Date: March 15, 2008
When you use our site, create a Packit Gourmet account, or otherwise provide information to us, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that we directly associate with a specific person such as, but not exclusively, the person's name, personal address, shipping address, telephone number, email address, account information (e.g. credit card information and online registration information), online activities or other specific personal information.
We Collect the Following Types of Personal Information
We collect personal information about you when you shop on our site or otherwise interact with us.
We Collect Personal Information You Provide:
- When you purchase our products or services
- When you register to use packitgourmet.com or sign up for news or notifications or other promotions on packitgourmet.com
- When you email, call or otherwise communicate with us
- When you call or email customer service or when you pay for a service
Automatically Collected Personal Information
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our site, such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, and sometimes, the page you visited before visiting our site.
Use of Personal Information by Packit Gourmet
We use the personal information we collect for a variety of purposes. For example, to provide products or services, process and complete transactions, ship or otherwise deliver goods or services, respond to requests, make internal business decisions, evaluate available offers and make decisions about services offered, protect our rights or property, create products and services, anticipate and resolve actual or potential problems with our products and services, and inform you of Packit Gourmet’s products, services and offers that we believe you will find of interest.
Below are some more specific examples of how we use personal information:
- We use your billing and credit card personal information to process your orders for products, to deliver products to you, and to bill you for them.
- We may use your personal information to verify and validate your identity.
- We may aggregate information about your activities and services to help us determine your potential interest in other products or services.
- We may use personal information to offer products and services from us or others. We also offer opt-out choices, listed below.
- We keep information as a record of our interactions with you. If you place an order or otherwise deal with Packit Gourmet over the telephone, we may record the conversation. Personal information referenced in the call may be recorded or entered into another media (e.g., a computer). We may also keep logs emails we receive from you.
- We may provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasions of certain security systems, as required by law or otherwise. We may do so by posting notice on our site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, or by other means. You understand that notice to you will count as notice to others using your account or membership and you agree to pass this notice on to them.
- We may also use personal information about you in an attempt to do any or all of these kinds of things: (i) prevent or investigate fraud, crimes, unauthorized use of personal information or the site, or economic or personal harm to anyone (including Packit Gourmet); (ii) facilitate product recalls; and (iii) to investigate, protect, defend, or enforce rights and property of Packit Gourmet or anyone else. In listing these types of actions where we may use personal information, we are not promising to take any such action and we will take or not take such action in our sole discretion.
It is impossible to list every lawful use that we might make of personal information and the above examples are not intended to do so - they are only a general description and are for illustration.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Except as described in this Policy, our business practice is to not disclose personal information about you outside of Packit Gourmet and its affiliates without your consent. We disclose personal information as follows:
- With Your Consent. We disclose personal information about you to third parties with your consent. We may obtain consent from you in several ways, such as in a form or agreement; online, through "click-through" agreements or registration pages; verbally, through interactive voice response; or when your consent is part of the terms and conditions through which we provide you a particular product or service. Your consent is sometimes implicit. For example, if you purchase a product from our site and ask that it be shipped to your home or other address, you implicitly consent to our disclosure of your credit card number to the credit card processor to authorize the transaction, and to the bank to collect payment.
- Product or Service Fulfillment. We may disclose personal information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, transactions on your behalf, or transfers related to providing products or services to you. For example, we may contract with third parties to host a site or send email. Through contracts with these third parties, we restrict the manner in which they may use and disclose personal information about you without your consent.
- Certain Business Transfers. Personal information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing or sale of company assets. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets in the transaction.
- Legal Process; Protection of Packit Gourmet and Others. We may disclose personal information to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena); to enforce or apply any contracts or agreements; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for products or services; to protect our rights or property; in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation; to protect ourselves, our members, and other customers from the harmful acts of others (e.g., theft, fraud, or abuse); or if we determine disclosure of personal information is necessary in an emergency.
While cookies are optional for browsing PackitGourmet.com, they are required for registering, logging on, shopping or adding items to your cart. If you wish to purchase items or set up an account on PackitGourmet.com, you will need to accept a PackitGourmet.com cookie.
PackitGourmet.com does not store in cookies any personal information about you.
You may opt out of receiving commercial messages from us and from certain other parties and from our sharing of certain personal information at any time. For further information about your opt-out choices, please see 'opt out' below.
Use of the Packit Gourmet Web Site by Children
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you should not provide information on the PackitGourmet.com Website and should ask your parent to do so for you.
Updating, Reviewing or Correcting Online Personal Information
You may update, review or correct your online account information at any time online by accessing your password-protected registration page via the "My Account" area of the Web site. You also may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-210-4959.
Security of Personal Information
Packit Gourmet takes physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control. Even so, security breaches and mistakes can and do happen and we do not guarantee the security of personal information. Packit Gourmet employs Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt during transmission the payment card personal information you input when placing an order on our site. SSL is a commonly employed method of encrypted communication used on the Internet. Except for those transmissions, you should assume the site is not encrypted. Email communications are not encrypted, so do not include sensitive personal information in them.
What Can You Do To Protect Personal Information?
At any time, if you believe personal information about you within our control has been accessed by unauthorized persons, please contact us at the address noted below.
An important part of ensuring the security of personal information is your own effort to protect it against unauthorized access or use. For instance, when you create an account on our site, you will chose a password. You should protect the security of your password to keep the other personal information you provide secured. Do not give your password to anyone else unless you intend that they have the same full access and ability to make changes to the account that you have. Change your password periodically.
Other Applicable Terms
How to Opt Out
- call customer service at 1-888-210-4959
- email us at email@example.com or
- Emails: to opt out of emails from Packit Gourmet, use the method provided in the email (such as clicking on a link).
We will endeavor to process any opt-out request that you make in a commercially reasonable time.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided you about our personal information practices. We will update this Policy if our practices change or if laws or regulations require that we change it. If we decide to disclose personal information in a way that is materially different from that which was stated in this Policy at the time personal information was collected, we will notify you by posting notice of the change on our site and on this page for a reasonable period before we implement that change and, if feasible, will give you an opportunity to opt out of the proposed use of personal information.