About Our Cook-in-Bags™
- bag thickness: 5.0 mil
- bag sizes and weight:
- small bag = 5" x 8" x 3" / weighs 8 grams
- medium bag = 6" x 9.37" x 3.25" / weighs 10 grams
- large bag = 6.69" x 11" x 3.5" / weighs 14 grams
- FDA approved for food contact
- does not contain dioxin or BPA
- approved for freezing and use with boiling water
- resealable zipper closure
- flat/gusseted bottom
- Insider Tip: We recommend pairing your Cook-In-Bags™ with a Cook-In-Cozy™ to help retain heat, reduce fuel usage and result in a hotter meal. Heat loss is three time greater without the Cook-In-Cozy™.
WARNING: Do not submerge bag in boiling water. Bags are approved for pouring boiling water into the bag, over food but not for submerging the bag in boiling water. Please see our Boilable Bags™ if you'd like to submerge your bags in boiling water for an extended period of time.
|Minutes Passed||With Cook-In-Cozy™||Without Cook-In-Cozy™|
frequently asked questions
You can get a good idea of the size and capicity of our Cook-in-Bags™ using the chart below. Volume measurement leaves one inch of 'head space' to allow for sealing.
|Bag Size |
Width x Height x Gusset (Bottom)
|Small Bags||5" x 8" x 3"||2 Cups||8 grams|
|Medium Bags||6" x 9.37" x 3.25"||3.5 Cups||10 grams|
|Large Bags||6.69" x 11" x 3.5"||6 Cups||13 grams|
We have contacted Ziploc to inquire about the safety of their plastic bags coming into contact with boiling water. The company responded via email with the following information: "Ziploc Bags are not designed and have not been tested for boiling. Both Ziploc® brand Freezer and Ziploc® brand Storage bags have a melting point of 65° C/149° F. The boiling point of water is 101°C/212°F. That said, I can't recommend boiling with any of our bags."
These Cook-in-Bags™ are certified for one time use only.
We have not attempted to use a vacuum sealer with the Cook-in-Bags. If you have done this and have an answer regarding it's performance, please let us know via email@example.com.
Yes, we recommend using a heat sealer on the Cook-in-Bags in addition to the zip closure. Although we have had no issues with the zip closure opening on its own, the heat seal ensures there are no accidental leaks. We recommend experimenting with the setting on your heat sealer to identify what heat level works best.
I bought these based on Seo's review ;)